Sealux Reg 20 Profile - Installation Instructions
Sealux Reg 20 Strip Components
- Protect the tray or bath base.
- Mark the strip end points on walls.
- Note for 3 sided installations
- Mitre cut all strips being installed.
- Remove saw cut frays. Dry fit strips. Ensure mitre cuts meet.
- Mark and cut strip end points.
- If the strip outer edge does not sit on ledge, score with sharp blade and proceed to step 8
- If required tear off the removable inner leg.
- Wipe the ledge with alcohol wipes.
- Define the position for sealant on the wall. Using a strip off-cut in the fitted position, apply 4 marks to each side wall
- Using same offcut apply 4 marks along the ledge
- Draw a line through the marks applied on the walls
- Cut nozzle for 5mm hole. Holding the first strip upside down, apply a 400mm line of Sealux-N onto the green bond-breaker tape lining the underside strip surface.
- Level the Sealux-N across the strip resting the spatula on spatula support leg and strip outer edge. Repeat both processes until first strip is complete.
- Lay a line of Sealux-N on the ledge just inside the 4 marks defining the strip outer edge position.
- Lay a 4mm (light) line of Sealux-N on the wall over the line applied through the 4 wall marks.
- Rotate the strip into position fusing the Sealux-N in the strip with the Sealux-N on the ledge. Press the strip up-stand firmly against the wall to form a solid bond.
- Repeat same installation method for the remaining strips.
- Ensure the Sealux-N is left slightly proud of the mitre cuts to ensure it fuses around the corners.
- Fit final stip into position
- Strips may be adjusted before Sealux-N cures to ensure mitre joints match.
- Flush up Sealux-N at strip ends and fix end caps if required.
- Remove any excess Sealux-N on the ledge with spatula. Give the strip and ledge a final wipe.
- Installation now ready for waterproofing.